Saturday, November 8, 2008

SLCC Orientation

So, yesterday I went to orientation for the college. I was the first one there, so thinking that the class was going to be full, I got the seat close enough that I could see the screen and be able to "absorb" more information if I sat where I did. Turns out, there was only 4 people that showed up. Me, and 3 others.

It was very...interesting. The woman doing the orientation asked us if we could guess where she was from. One person said China. One person said Japan. She laughed and said she was from Indonesia, and she also said that she was "too fat" to be Japanese. The guy that guessed Japan, was so embarrassed that he said she wasn't too fat, just too tall. Poor guy didn't say much the rest of the class.

Anyway, after an hour and a half of listening and asking questions and blah, blah, blah...I walked away from there with a pounding headache. I decided if that was what it was going to be like for me for the next 4 years, I'm going to need to invest a lot of money into Advil or Tylenol, just so that I can survive!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your new updated blog! I lost your link and had to get it from Shelly...forgive me for not putting it on our blog but when we updated last time somehow we lost your link and that is why I haven't check but we will be putting it back on our blog soon... How are you????