Friday, June 5, 2009

I Wouldn't Make It


I was in the shower the other day, and realized that I wouldn't make it as a pioneer. I have no problem with washing laundry in the streams, or getting up early and going to bed late, or sewing, or teaching the kids. No problem at all! But, to have to only shower once or twice a month??? I can't do that! If I don't shower every day, I just feel so gross and disgusting! How could these women make it, after working so hard in the hot summers, with long sleeved dresses, and bonnets, and not take a shower? Yuck! I give these women 2 thumbs up for being able to go so long without bathing. They are stronger than I am!

3 comments:

amy said...

After Pioneer Trek last year I realized maybe I could do it. 4 days, hot & sweaty, my hair falling off because of the salt in it, yet everyone else was going through the same thing. We could commissurate. Don't get me wrong I'm not wishing for those days back by any means. But... I think you would be surprised at what you CAN do when you have to. I love the pic too. Is it a family pic?

Marie Lundeen said...

No, it's not a family picture. I found it online. I'm sure I could do it if I had to, but I'm glad that I don't. :)

Brittany Marie said...

Hahahaha, how did I miss this entry? I love that picture. I wouldn't have made it either. I would have walked three steps in that getup and fallen over from heat exhaustion.