Thursday, September 18, 2008

Bride's Maid Dress

My sister calls me up yesterday and informs me that my bride's maid dress is at my mom's hanging in the closet and I need to pick it up and try it on. The bridal shop has to have it by the 22nd to do alterations, if they are needed. She tells me, "I all ready know yours won't fit you, so plan on taking it in." My thinking..."Is she telling me it's too small? I was measured for it! I had to stand in that shop while some woman wrapped her arms around me with a tape measure and touched my boobs!"

I did try it on. And guess what...she was right. It doesn't fit at all. I have to go in and get it altered because it's WAY to big! I was so excited! There's about 3 inches of room in my hips, and about 6 inches of room in the boobs! I was so happy that it was too big and not too small! Grady laughed hysterically at me, when I showed him.

I called Nikki back and told her it needed to be altered. When I told her how badly the front of it hung down below my boobs, she asked me why I didn't want to wear it that way. I told her I could, but I would take all the attention away from her, and I didn't think she wanted me to do that on her wedding day. She agreed with that. LOL

2 comments:

Brittany Marie said...

Bridesmaid boobs are ALWAYS a distraction from the bride. SO not cool. :p That's why I had my bridesmaids dress in flour sacks.

amy said...

Too funny. It's always great when things are too big. But that much would definitely made the night all about you and not your sister. How funny!