Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Postponed...Or Not Postponed?

That's the question for today. Is the surgery that was to happen tomorrow going to be postponed or not? I got a call from Primary Children's today. Told me that the authorization hasn't come through for the surgery yet. So, I call Medicaid. Medicaid says they haven't received anything about an upcoming surgery tomorrow. So, I make a call to the doctor's office, they sent me on to billing. Once I was with them, I sat on hold for what seemed like an eternity, and they told me that they haven't gotten the papers needed from the doctors to do the surgery, and that's why it hasn't been approved yet! I was so furious!

It's been 2 weeks since we've known the surgery was going to take place. They've had 2 weeks to get the needed paperwork from all the doctors and 2 weeks to get the approval! I have to call the office back tomorrow morning at 9 to see what's going on. She's supposed to be up to the hospital at 11:00, and she has to fast. I don't want to starve the poor girl if she's not going to go in!

Now, we have to sit and wait and wonder. Will she go in tomorrow? Or will we have to wait another 2 weeks?

2 comments:

Brittany Marie said...

Oh no! I've heard Medicaid loves red tape. I hope it gets figured out!

Shelly said...

OOOH, I'd be screaming furious! Please let us know what happens, I will pray for you!