Friday, September 26, 2008

SBD

Thanks to my long-time friend, Brittany, (since Mrs. Henrie's 3rd grade class where we got in trouble the first day of school for talking to Eli Sutton too much!) I have decided to start the SBD, or for those of you who don't know what it is, the South Beach Diet. I tried it this week, and did pretty good, but decided that my official start date will be on Monday, when I can really get into it and get the right foods etc.

I ordered the book online at amazon.com and it cost me more to ship it than it did to buy the book. The book itself was a penny, and shipping cost me $3.99, but who cares? $4 for a book is great if you ask me!

I started reading it, and well, sorry Brittany, but I skipped over the part where he rambled on and on about his cardiologist career and blah, blah, blah and went straight to the chapters that mattered. The food.

Grady has decided to do this with me. As Brittany says, the first 2 weeks, she calls the Angry Stage. I haven't gotten angry, yet, and maybe it's because I know I still have M&M's on my fridge. But after my kids eat them this weekend, I may become quite angry. Hope my family can deal with me for the next 2 weeks.

You can check out our progress on our other blog...it's posted under "My Blog List".

1 comments:

Brittany Marie said...

LOL! Good call on skipping the cardiologist parts. :p

I just got back from visiting teaching and Candy said she's going to start the SBD too. I hope she stops by your blog!

Good luck with the Angry Stage! I think I need to go back on it since I've been eating waaay too many things with carbs lately. I think we had whole wheat pizza like 3 times last week. Oops.