Monday, March 23, 2009

Draper Temple Dedication (via Satellite)

Yesterday I took Eran to the Draper Temple Dedication with my mom and dad. Before we left to go to the Stake Center, my mom and I were telling her that in a few short years (3 to be exact) she'd get to have the chance to go do baptisms for the dead. I could see the confusion written across her face, and if her head was see through, I know I'd be able to see the wheels turning in there. After a few short minutes, she finally looked at me and asked, "Mom? When I go do baptisms for the dead, do I have to hold a dead person in my arms?" My mom and I laughed hysterically and then explained to her how to works. With a look of relief on her face she asked, "So there's no dead people floating in the water either? Right?" The kinds of questions that a 9-year-old can come up with are just amazing! I don't think I would have ever thought about that at her age!

The dedication was wonderful. After it was over, Eran informed me that it was too long, and then couldn't figure out why my mom, dad and I were crying. Maybe she was too young to understand, but at least it's something she won't forget. Even if to her it was long and boring.

2 comments:

Brittany Marie said...

I can't believe she's almost old enough to do baptisms!

I'm glad you guys had a good time at the (satellite) dedication. :)

Janessa Couch said...

The only temple dedication I was able to see was the Nauvoo temple. It was so peaceful and wonderful to watch. I bet that even though she did not understand the whole dedication thing, she will remember how she felt being there and that is what counts.